DOG ADOPTION – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Before adopting a dog you must be able to comply with certain conditions under the RSPCA’s re-homing policy
Please note: Due to the amount of requests that we receive daily for assistance with payment of veterinary bills, this Centre DOES NOT NORMALLY home animals to persons on income support. Persons intending to seek assisted veterinary treatment from the PDSA or similar Charities will also be refused.
Mount Noddy does not normally home animals to families with children under 5 years of age.
In order to qualify for adoption you must:
- Live in ground floor accommodation with direct access to your own garden
- Have a fenced garden, the fence must be no lower than 4’
- Provide in writing, permission from your landlord if you do not own your own home
- Not intend adopting the dog as a present or on behalf of someone else.
- Bring all household members to meet the dog and agree to the adoption.
- Not intend leaving the dog on its own for more than 4 hours (popping in for short intervals during the day is not acceptable). In the case of puppies, you must be at home for most of the day.
- If you intend to take the dog to work, you must provide a letter of consent from the employer.
- Not intend to use the dog as a Guard Dog or keep it outside
- Be able to afford private veterinary fees (we strongly recommend taking out pet insurance).
- Be over 18 years of age
Ask yourself these questions
- Have you any known allergies?
- Are you pregnant or planning to have a family in the near future?
- Would an animal fit into your lifestyles in years to come?
- If you go away is there someone to look after the animal or can you afford boarding fees (approximately £9-£10 per day)
Once you have completed an application form and chosen an animal, if your details comply with the above, you will be visited by a voluntary home visitor to check the details on the form are correct. These visits take 4-7 days to arrange (sometimes longer if you live out of our area).
WE MAY FEEL THAT A HOMECHECK IS NECESSARY BEFORE A DOG IS RESERVED, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE AN ADOPTION AT ANYTIME, WITHOUT NECESSARILY GIVING A REASON OR IF WE FEEL THE DOG IS NOT SUITABLE FOR YOU.
Adoption fees: From £150 to £200 unless otherwise stated. This includes microchipping, worming, de-fleaing and vaccinating. All dogs are neutered before leaving the Centre and puppies will go out on a neutering voucher.